Here is the google doc we've started collecting images/media in, (there's not much there because we're going to cut some parts of the video interviews and put them in too) : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wbBwSsYA8t5GO52oph8ImIYiwzMxQuD4/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111922688484007188602&rtpof=true&sd=true And here is the google doc where we are collecting info on all of it. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oazBDrUBxGxgDKRB1f0pP8xyOSrPOn_R3Htsj3g_t4E/edit?usp=sharing
When I read the “Ode to an Orange” piece by Larry Woiwode, I was struck in particular by how strong the sensory experiences of eating oranges had stuck with him since his childhood. He had detailed information about craving, awaiting, and consuming oranges, and had made strong associations that have stuck with him and manifested in beautiful descriptive language. I am often fascinated by the ability of my own children to relate to the world around them, the associations they make, the freshness of their experience. This motivated me to approach the process of adapting Woiwode’s essay through the lens of my own children’s experience. I first interviewed each child while they ate an orange. I told them I wasn’t looking for anything in particular, and just wanted to hear about their experience eating an orange. I wanted to know if they had any strong memories about oranges, or if anything came to mind when they thought of oranges. It was interesting to see the different approaches ...
In her interview Kim shared a lot of wonderful perspective about the process of limbo, she talked about how sometimes what we see as limbo as made up of a lot of small things that add up to culminating life bullet points/titles/acomplishments, but that doesn't mean all the little things weren't worth honoring or weren't actually big things. I think we could do some intersting things exploring the space of limbo. We could enact some little things that add up to a big things. Whether it's obtaining for a degree and we can show studying, stress, fun, etc. Another moment I really loved that could make for a powerful visual is when she described going to watch the sunset at a difficult time. We talked about how the setting sun itself is a comforting and affirming type of limbo. It happens every day, it happens this way, things go on. She talked about how making a ritual of the earth's rituals was grounding. One final image that I was struck with was when she described...
Comments